A fabulous healthy dessert or breakfast option. Layers of crunchy nuts and chocolate, yogurt and creamy banana caramel. Ideal as a prepare ahead option as the caramel can be made in advanced and kept in the fridge until needed. You can use this caramel is a range of desserts or as a snack. Simply spread on to oat cakes or dip apple slices into it.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Bananas are rich in fibre to support gut health plus vitamins like B6 and amino acid tryptophan which together help to boost mood.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. First make the caramel. Place the bananas in their skins on a baking tray. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the skins are black. Allow to cool.
- Place the bananas in a blender with the remaining caramel ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- To make the crumb simply place the nuts, chocolate and pinch of salt in a food processor and process until fine.
- To assemble place a layer of nuts in the base of a glass followed by the caramel and then some yogurt. Repeat layering
- These will store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- You can store the caramel in a jar in the fridge for 3-4 days. It can also be frozen.
2 bananas, skin on
30g almond butter
150g coconut yogurt or soy yogurt
30g Vanilla protein powder, optional (could add 1tbsp maca powder instead)
100g soft pitted dates (raisins), soaked for 20 mins
1tsp vanilla extract
100g nuts e.g almonds, pecans
60g dark chocolate
Pinch of sea salt
Additional yogurt for layering