These delicious dairy free cheesecake bars are the perfect healthy dessert. Rich and creamy they are also super easy to make. I have swirled in blackberry puree but you could use a fruit jam instead if wished. You can freeze these bars if wished for a wonderful frozen dessert.
Makes 16 slices
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Using xylitol or erythritol is an easy way to keep the sugar content to a minimum.
- Preheat the oven to 160C, gas mark 3.
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a food processor add the gluten free oats and nuts and process until fine crumbs. Add the protein powder if using and dairy free spread, vanilla and blitz to combine.
- Tip the mixture into the base of the tin and press down firmly.
- In the food processor add the cream cheese, eggs, flour, vanilla and xylitol or erythritol. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and smooth the top
- If using fresh / frozen blackberries pace the blackberries in a saucepan with a little water and xylitol and simmer for 5 minutes. Puree in a blender or food processor and press through a sieve for a smoother texture.
- Spoon dollops of the puree onto the top of the cream mixture spaced apart. Using a skewer or chopstick swirl the puree through the bar.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes until just turning lightly golden. It will still be a little wobbly in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Place in the fridge and chill for a couple of hours before slicing into bars.
- This will keep in the fridge for 1 week.
Did You Know?
You could add 2tbsp cocoa powder to the oats to make a chocolate base if wished.
150g cashew nuts
150g gluten free oats
1 scoop protein powder (optional)
150g dairy free spread / coconut oil
1tsp vanilla extract
400g dairy free cream cheese (or 300g dairy free spread and 100g silken tofu)
2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
1tbsp cornflour or Gluten free flour or spoonful of protein powder
100g powdered erythritol or xylitol
2tsp vanilla extract
150g fresh or frozen blackberries