This is a brilliant warming one pot bowl. Dairy free with the addition of vegan soft cheese and super easy to throw together. You can use whatever vegetables you have to hand in this recipe and it is ideal for using up leftover vegetables in the fridge too. If you have a Cook Expert Magimix follow the instructions at the bottom.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A high protein one bowl dish that is crammed with vegetables and fibre. This is perfect for preparing ahead and can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Place the chicken in a pan and cover with the chicken stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the chicken to stand in the hot stock for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred with a fork.
- Place the chicken back into the pan with the onion, carrot, spices and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer while stirring until the mixture has thickened and the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with sliced jalapenos and salsa.
Instructions for CE Magimix
- Place the chicken fillets in the metal bowl and cover with hot chicken stock. Select EXPERT 18 minutes / Speed 0 / 110C
- Drain the chicken reserving the stock. Place half of the chicken back into the metal bowl. Select EXPERT Speed 14 / no temperature and process for a few seconds to shred the chicken. Remove from the bowl and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Place the chicken, stock back into the metal bowl with the onion, carrot and spices. Select EXPERT 10 minutes / 0/ 110C
- Beat together the soft cheese with the cornflour paste. Stir in the soft cheese with the remaining ingredients. Select EXPERT 3 minutes / 1A / 110C
- Season to taste and serve as above.
Did You Know?
Instead of chickpeas use canned drained butterbeans or kidney beans. You could also add some cooked rice to the soup at the end of cooking.
450g chicken breast mini fillets
500ml chicken stock
2 red onions, diced
2 carrots, diced
1/2 tsp chopped chilli
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
100g dairy free soft cheese
1tbsp cornflour mixed into a paste with 2-3tbsp water
1 x can sweetcorn drained
1 can chickpeas, drained
200g baby spinach leaves
To serve: sliced jalapenos, salsa, tacos or pitta bread