Want an effective way to tackle digestive discomforts? Then make up your own digestive seed mix to snack on. This is a delicious blend of seeds toasted and tossed in a little Himalayan Sea Salt. Chew a teaspoon before and after meals to relieve bloating and abdominal pain.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 5 minutes
What’s good about it?
Fennel seeds are traditionally used to stimulate digestive secretions. Anethole, a major component of fennel essential oil, may be also help with suppressing appetite too.
- Simply place all the seeds in a frying pan and toast gently for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle over the sea salt and water and stir until the mixture is thoroughly dry.
- You can sprinkle over a little sugar or stevia if wished for flavour.
- Cool and store in an airtight container. This will keep for a couple of weeks.
- Take by the tsp before and after meals or scatter over dishes just before serving
Did you Know?
If you struggle with regularly bloating or wind take 1-2 spoonfuls of the mixture before or after each meal. Spend time chewing the seeds properly. This helps to stimulate digestive secretions.
½ cup fennel seeds
¼ cup coriander seeds
¼ cup sesame seeds
1tbsp cumin seeds
2 pinches Himalayan sea salt
1tbsp hot water
pinch of sugar, stevia to taste