Makes 1 x 2lb loaf
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
What’s Good About It?
This gluten free bread is high in fibre and rich in monounsaturated fats thanks to the addition of olive oil.
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Place the eggs, olive oil, coconut milk with the sweetener in a food processor and blend until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend to form a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin and smooth the top. Sprinkle with seeds.
- Place the bread in the oven and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then remove and cool on a rack.
Did You Know?
You could vary the flavour of this loaf – try adding some grated dairy free cheese, cooked onion or sun dried tomatoes to the batter.
70g olive oil
100g coconut milk
1tbsp maple syrup or honey (or use xylitol)
60g coconut flour
40g ground flaxseed
20g custard powder
1tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1tsp xanthum gum