A simple yeast free recipe thats quick and easy to make and cook. Brush melted butter and herbs over these breads before serving. Perfect to accompany curries, soups and stews.
Makes 6 flatbreads
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What’s Good About Them?
A yeast free flatbread recipe. The addition of psyllium keeps the mixture moist and provides additional fibre to the breads.
- Place the pysllium in the warm water with the yogurt and olive oil and stir briefly.
- Let it sit for about 2-3 minutes to allow the pysllium to swell up.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz to form a soft moist dough.
- Scatter extra bread flour onto a clean work surface.
- Tip the dough out onto the floured surface and knead briefly.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Use a floured rolling pin roll out each piece to form an oval shape.
- Preheat a griddle pan or frying pan – you do not need to oil it
- Place the dough on the hot pan and cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Brush the breads with the melted butter and herbs
- Ideally serve immediately. Keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
Did You Know?
For additional flavour blend in some chopped fresh herbs into the bread mixture. These can be frozen once cooked and then reheated in the oven.
20g psyllium powder
340g warm water
400g gluten free bread flour
1tbsp caster sugar
2tsp baking powder
75g Greek yogurt
2tbsp olive oil
To brush / serve – melted dairy free spread or butter with chopped herbs added and / or chopped garlic.