A fabulous one dish recipe – minimal fuss and washing up. Packed with antioxidants and protein this is the perfect energising family meal. Full of Mediterranean flavour its an ideal anti-inflammatory meal for your health.
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus marinating time
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A fabulous protein rich and antioxidant dish. You can use frozen chicken portions (defrost in the fridge) making this a great standby recipe to try. Great for keeping energy levels high.
- Preheat the oven to 190C, gas mark 5.
- If time place the chicken pieces and vegetables in a container with the garlic, herbs, vinegar, olive oil, capers, olives. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Tip the chicken, vegetables and its marinade into a roasting tin – you may need two tins. Drizzle over the honey or maple syrup and season.
- Pour over the white wine and stock around the chicken mixture and bake for 40 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a paste. Pour into the roasting tins and stir to incorporate. Return to the oven and cook for a further 5-10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Delicious served with salad and gluten free bread.
Did You Know?
This dish would work really well with salmon fillets or other fish fillets – just add the fish at the end of cooking – fillets will need around 15 minutes in the oven.
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs – cut in half or chicken drumsticks
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
4 new potatoes, halved
1 small aubergine, cut into chunks
1 lemon cut into quarters
1tsp dried oregano
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp capers
16 green pitted olives
1tbsp maple syrup or honey
200ml dry white wine
200ml chicken stock
sea salt and black pepper