A delicious vegan main dish, rich and creamy and so simple to prepare. Watch our video showing how easy it is to make. Ideally family evening meal. It will also freeze well so perfect for batch cooking.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A delicious all in one pan dish providing plenty of protein and fibre to keep blood sugar levels balanced through the day. Mushrooms are also a good source of antioxidants, copper, beta glucans, B vitamins and potassium.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and fry the onion until soft. Add the spices and mustard and saute for another minute.
- Tip in the mixed mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes to soften.
- Add the chickpeas and stir well.
- Pour in the soy cream and mix well. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer stirring all the time.
- Add the vegetable stock and the cornflour mixture. Simmer for a couple of minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Stir in the spinach leaves and cook for a minute until the leaves have wilted.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice or cauliflower rice for a lower carb option.
Nutrition per serving (without rice) 210kcal, Fat 10.7g, Carbohydrates 15.4g, Protein 10.1g
Did You Know?
Adding chickpeas is an easy way to increase the protein and fibre in this dish. You could use butterbeans instead or pan fried tofu pieces too.