Simple to make, these delicious oat and seed bars are perfect as a grab and go breakfast option or packing as a snack. You can vary the seeds according to taste. I added cacao nibs for a lovely crunch but you could replace these with dried fruit or chopped nuts.
Makes 16 bars
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 1 hour
What’s Good About It?
Many shop bought cereal bars are highly refined and full of syrups and sweeteners. Making your own means you can tweak the ingredients to really optimise nutrition and taste.
- Line a shallow traybake tin (approximately 9 x 13inches) with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, rice, protein powder, seeds, cacao nibs, dried cherries.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Gently heat until the cacao butter has melted. Beat the mixture well.
- Pour the melted mixture into the oats and stir well. I find it easier to use your hands to bring it all together.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin and press the top down firmly.
- Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
- Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Did You Know?
You could replace the cacao butter for coconut oil if wished.
200g gluten free oats
30g puffed rice
30g protein powder – vanilla flavour
75g mixed seeds
60g cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
75g dried cherries
150g Manuka Honey or raw Honey
230g nut butter (e.g cashew nut butter)
75g Cacao butter
2tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt