A no bake protein flapjack recipe that is super easy to make and topped with a delicious chocolate coating. You can freeze these or just keep them in the fridge for a post workout treat.
Makes 16 bars
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Chilling time: 2 hours
What’s Good About Them?
A great combination of protein, slow releasing carbohydrates and healthy fats to keep energy levels sustained during intense exercise and ideal post workout.
- Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Heat the milk, maple syrup and peanut butter in a pan stirring all the time until combined and just simmering.
- Take off the heat
- Add the oats and protein powder and beat well until combined – it will absorb the liquid.
- Tip the oats into the pan and press down firmly.
- Chill for a couple of hours
- Place the chocolate in a pan with the coconut oil and melt over a low heat.
- Pour the chocolate over the flapjack and chill again until set.
- Cut into bars to serve.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
Did You Know?
You could use tahini or other nut butters to replace the peanut butter. You could add in some dried fruit or chocolate chips for additional texture.
240ml vanilla soy milk or other milk alternative
3tbsp maple syrup
200g smooth peanut butter
200g gluten free porridge oats
120g vanilla protein powder
2tsp coconut oil