These are packed with protein and so simple to make with only a handful of ingredients. I often have a carton of egg whites in the fridge which I add to a range of recipes as well as making egg white omelettes. They are an easy way to add extra protein to any dish. These are delicious cold as a snack if you have any leftovers. For an indulgent treat I have served these with a chocolate sauce but they would be equally delicious with fruit and additional yogurt.
Makes 6-8 waffles / Serves 8
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
What’s Good About It?
The oats replace flour in this recipes adding extra fibre and slow releasing carbohydrates. The combination of protein powder and eggs is an easy way to increase the protein content.
- Preheat your waffle iron and grease lightly.
- Place all your ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour some of the batter into a preheated waffle iron and cooking according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Meanwhile heat the soy cream to just simmering.
- Take off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir well to melt the chocolate.
- Serve your waffles with fresh fruit and warm chocolate sauce.
Nutritionals (8 servings) 254kcal, Fat 11.1g, Carbohydrates 21.9g, Protein 15.9g
Waffles only (without sauce) 145kcal, Fat 3.2g, Carbohydrates 13.6g, Protein 14.6g
Did You Know?
Make these savoury – replace the banana for apple puree, add some garlic salt, replace protein powder for unflavoured protein powder or additional oats. Add 2tbsp nutritional yeast flakes and dash of smoked paprika.
6 eggs whites (I use a carton of egg whites)
120g gluten free oats
60g Chocolate protein powder
180g Greek yogurt / Coconut yogurt / Soy Greek Yogurt
1tsp baking powder
100g soy cream or coconut cream
100g chocolate chips