A delicious easy vegan dish. Using protein noodles or courgette noodles is a great way to keep this low in carbohydrates while the addition of plenty of vegetables provides bulk and fibre to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Tofu is a great vegan protein source, bland on its own but great when tossed in marinades or dressings. This is served cold but you could heat through the vegetables and noodles if preferred.
- Preheat the grill to high. Cut the tofu into cubes and pat dry. Place in a bowl.
- Make up the satay sauce – blend all the ingredients in a blend until smooth. Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the tofu and toss well.
- Place the tofu pieces on a lightly greased baking tray and grill for 6-7 minutes turning through the cooking until golden brown.
- Meanwhile place the asparagus and broccoli in a bowl and toss in a little olive oil. Griddle for a few minutes until lightly charred.
- Make up the lime dressing – blend everything in a nutri bullet. This will make more than you need for this dish but you can keep the rest in the fridge for 1 week.
- Prepare the noodles according to the instructions – generally they need to be rinsed well in cold water. Place the noodles in a large bowl with the vegetables. Drizzle over a little of the lime dressing. Add the red chilli and a few peanuts if wished.
- Place the remaining satay sauce in a bowl and add a little chopped coriander.
- Serve the noodles with the tofu and satay sauce.
Did You Know?
Use tempeh instead of the tofu if wished. You could swap the broccoli for green beans.
3tbsp peanut butter
1tbsp tamari soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic
2tbsp lime juice
1-2tbsp water to blend
3 red chillis, deseeded and chopped
6tbsp lime juice
3tbsp tamari soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger chopped
1/2 tsp garlic chopped
1 lemon grass stalk, chopped
350g Firm tofu, cut into cubes
300g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
300g asparagus spears
1tbsp olive oil
1 packet of Barenaked Protein Noodles (or use courgette noodles)
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
little coriander leaves, chopped
peanuts to serve