Rich and creamy and dairy free! The combination of summer berries and cashew nuts makes this a light and refreshing vegan summer treat. If you don’t have the cherry concentrate juice simply replace the water with pure pomegranate juice in this recipe.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 mins plus freezing time
Serves – 6
What’s good about it?
A delicious dairy free ice cream naturally sweetened with cherry juice and cherries. Cherries are a fabulous source of antioxidants anthocyanins and cyanidin plus vitamin C making them ideal for a healthy immune response. Cherries are also known for their ability to reduce the risk of Gout. Tart cherries are a good source of melatonin so may also improve sleep.
- Place the nuts, water and Concentrate cherry juice in a high-speed blender and process to combine them.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until thick and smooth.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturers instructions. As it begins to thicken add the dried cherries and churn until frozen.
- Alternatively pour into a freezer-proof container and freeze for 2 to 3 hours until firm. Halfway through freezing stir in the dried berries.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer 15 minutes before serving to allow it to soften slightly.
Calories per serving 257kcal, protein 6.6g, Carbohydrates 21.1g, sugars 15g, Total fat 16.2g, saturates 3.2g, Fibre 1.8g, salt 0g
Did you Know?
Cherries are well-known for their melatonin-inducing powers. They may also help reduce inflammation and being low glycemic fruit are a good choice if you still want fruit but don’t want to adversely affect blood sugar. Dark, sweet cherries and tart cherries have also both been shown to assist with sending you off to sleep and helping you stay asleep longer. Try some of our other cherry recipes including cherry & red wine lamb. If you prefer a high antioxidant berry powder try the fabulous Pro Berry Amla powder with additional probiotics
2tbsp CherryActive Concentrate
200g mixed berries or pitted cherries – fresh or frozen
2tbsp lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
60g dried cherries soaked in warm water for 15 minutes then drained