What a fabulous make ahead breakfast treat. If you love coffee and oats and need a protein boost this is the perfect treat for you. Ideal post workout with a great combination of slow release carbs and protein. The addition of apple puree means you can keep the syrups low too. This will keep in the fridge for a couple of days but you can also freeze portions so it is the easy option when time is short.
Makes 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Oats are a great pre or post workout option – slow releasing carbs and fibre to support digestive health and keep energy levels high. The addition of coffee is a great natural pick me up.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas mark 4.
- Lightly grease an ovenproof rectangular dish with a little olive oil
- In a large glass bowl mix together all the wet ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into the dish and if wished scatter a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until set and golden brown. You can either serve it immediately or leave to cool then cut into squares and serve. It can also be reheated in the microwave or oven if wished.
Nutrition per serving Calories 313kcal, Total Fat 11g fat of which saturates 3.5g, Carbohydrates 38g of which Sugars 14g, Protein 15g
Did You Know?
You could use vanilla protein powder in this recipe, omit the coffee and add more coconut milk and stir in berries rather than chocolate chips.
2tbsp olive oil
250ml coconut milk
100ml cold brewed coffee
140g apple puree
40g maple syrup or sweet freedom
200g Gluten free oats
60g chocolate protein powder
Pinch of salt
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp maca powder
60g chocolate chips