Liven up your tofu dishes with this shredded baked tofu. Crispy and packed with flavour it makes an ideal filling for wraps, tacos or as a filling for baked potatoes. Delicious warm or cold.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A high protein vegan option for numerous dishes. Adding the nutritional yeast flakes also provides additional B vitamins to support energy.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking sheet
- Dry the firm tofu well. Grate into a bowl.
- Add the seasonings and stir well.
- Spread the tofu out on the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Cool.
- When the tofu is cooked place in a bowl. Add the sauce and stir well.
- You can use this tofu for wraps, tacos of as a topping for potatoes.
Did You Know?
The tofu makes a great filling for tacos. You could swap the paprika and cumin for taco seasoning if wished. Make a batch of this tofu for sandwich fillings or to accompany a mixed salad.
400g firm tofu, dried well.
1tbsp olive oil
2tbsp tamari soy sauce
1tsp cumin powder
2tsp smoked paprika
chili flakes – pinch
1tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1 chopped onion
1tsp garlic chopped
1 Tsp cumin
1 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp chili powder
2 Tbsp tomato puree
1tbsp sweet freedom / maple syrup
2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
50ml water to thin