A delicious cold noodle salad with a tangy tamari – lime dressing. This is perfect for packed lunches but can be served hot as a speedy evening meal. Add some protein to this salad to make it more substantial – pan fried tofu or edamame beans would be a great addition
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 6 minutes cooking
What’s good about it?
Buckwheat noodles are rich in fibre and protein. They also provide plenty of manganese and B vitamins to support energy levels.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions – generally they should only take 3-4 minutes. Drain the noodles and refresh under a cold tap. Place in a bowl and toss just a little of the sesame oil in the noodles to prevent them sticking.
- Blanch the beans and drain. Cook the peas for a minute then drain.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and adjust the sweetness according to taste.
- Add the beans, peas and spring onion to the noodles and toss well. Pour over the dressing and toss well.
- Scatter with sesame seeds and serve.
Did You Know?
Instead of buckwheat noodles you could use rice noodles. To make it lower carb use courgette noodles instead.
200 g buckwheat noodles (check they 100% GF)
100g green beans
100g frozen peas
2 carrots, spiralised or finely shredded
1 spring onion, sliced thinly
1tbsp sesame seeds
Tamari Lime Dressing
Juice and zest of 1 lime
2tbsp tamari soy sauce
1tbsp maple syrup
1tbsp toasted sesame oil
1tsp grated ginger