This is a fabulous kale salad. By massaging in the avocado and lemon juice the kale ‘wilts’ and softens. It is then topped with sweet chunks of pear and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve this as a side salad or top with some additional protein for a main meal.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation
Serves – 4
What’s good about it?
Kale is a super healthy leafy green. Packed with antioxidants, calcium, iron, vitamin K, vitamin C and plenty of fibre to support digestive health. Using it raw in a salad and an easy way to cram in more greens in you diet.
- Remove the woody stalks from the kale and discard. Place the kale in a large bowl
- Drizzle over the lemon juice, nutritional yeast flakes and garlic salt
- Add the avocado then using your hands squeeze the avocado into the kale massaging the kale so that the avocado is completely incorporated into the kale
- Season with a little black pepper
- Mix in the pear, olives and top with the pumpkin seeds
Did You Know?
Try adding chunks of pan fried tofu or toasted chickpeas for protein.
1 Bag of chopped kale (225g)
Juice of 1 small lemon
1 ripe small avocado, chopped
1tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1tsp garlic salt
Black pepper to taste
1 ripe pear, diced
handful of black olives
3tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds